Tuesday, September 27, 2005

a poem...

here's a poem a wrote a little while back, just kinda saying what i think--

Red brown yellow, black and white
those who never see the light
trapped inside their mothers womb
made for a birthplace, used as a tomb.
They could've touched so many hearts!
they lay in a pile, broken apart.
"A choice! Let the woman choose!" they cry,
who asked the child if it wanted to die?
A beating heart, hands, fingers, toes,
"part of the mother" they say, how can they not know?
"Freedom of speech" had they a chance to speak,
they would cry out against us, a nation so weak,
who amist all our vain pleasures and freedoms and charms,
would murder our children, not yet in our arms!

not the greatest, but as i said, that's what i think about it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi I know that you get these ideas out of the Bible, which is Gods word
and I have somthing that is in the Bible for you. The Bible says you shouldn't lie and saying that that poem isn't good is a definant lie

Kevin and Carole said...

Heidi, it could be published. so true and beautifully written...keep writing poetry!
(btw, its Sharon's sister):)

Heidi said...

Thanks guys!

Chris, I'm glad you like it, but good is rather subjective in this case, so I wouldn't say I was lying. I do like it myself though, not because it's well written but because it's true.

Thanks for your comments guys, I like to know people like what I write, it's encouraging!

If there's anything I can improve on, let me know!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Heidi for using your gifts to defend the unborn! "How can they not know?"...so true...and how sad that most people encourage women to deny the obvious. Keep it up!
love Auntie Rachel

Brandy said...

Heidi, that was SO beautiful! You should really publish it....poetry.com is a cool place to do it...., but yah, you definitely have a God-given talent for writing - keep it up!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! AWESOME poem! I don't know where you get the idea that it's not good! cuz it definitely is!!!! :) So get it into your head that it is an EXCELLENT, AWESOME, AMAZING and all the big words out there. And Albert here says the same! SO GET IT THRU YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!
ttyl

Heidi said...

thanks guys, i'll try to get it through my head, but my head is a little on the thick side, so it might take a while.

thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

I love your poem, it's so true to! It's a very good one! Good job!:):D

Heidi said...

thank you!

who are you?

Mel said...

I think that anonymous was me...
don't ask why I was anonymous, cuz I donno! lol! Been 2 long=)