Sunday, December 25, 2005

I wonder...

Merry Christmas everyone!
Here's another poem i wrote... it's kinda long, but a fast enough read.
Enjoy your day!
Today is Christmas day,
and a story comes to mind,
how God turned man came down to earth,
to rescue all mankind.
I wonder how it would’ve been
for a girl to become a mother,
to give birth to the Son of God,
with just a stable for cover.
and how did Joseph feel,
to be like a father to the One,
who came to save and set us free,
to make His eternal sons.
Shepherds sitting with their sheep,
on the dusty ground,
what was it like to see that light?
to hear that heavenly sound?
And wise men from the east,
why did they come so far?
how did it feel to see the Child,
or to chase that shining star?
and what a bunch of hypocrites,
who had memorized The Book,
who talk the wise men where to go,
and didn’t take a look!
Wicked, wicked Herod,
did you think you would succeed?
Does God not know your jealous heart?
your selfishness and greed?
And what if I had lived those days,
how would I have been?
Would I rejoice to see my Lord?
Fall down and worship Him?
Or would I go about my work,
like every other day,
not care that Jesus Christ was born,
to show the world the way!
But wait, what difference does it make?
if I live now, not in B.C.
Christ’s message is the same right now,
for all eternity!

My life right now, it matters,
what I think and do and say,
I can worship Christ and spread the news,
or I can just go on my way.
Lord help me to live my life for You,
to love You for all of my days,
help me to know You, to show you to others,
filling my life with your praise!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Very good poem. Yeah, don't you wonder what it would have been like if we lived back then??

Heidi said...

yeah... kinda scary actually!

i mean, you think if i could've only saw Christ it would be way easier... but really if there was this guy that came through youuur town saying He was the Messiah, i can see myself laughing at Him! we hve so much more to go on now...

though of course it's not in my control, and if i were one of Christs elect back then i would've believed, but wow we have it so much easier!

just one of those weird thoughts...

what really bugs me is how the pharisees actually told them where to go to find the Messiah and then don't even go! it's like "oh yeah we can show you where the Messiah lives, but we're not going to believe in Him!"

i really don't get that...

but i'm talking too much!

miriam said...

good poem. i CANNOT write poems!!!! i'v tried. i'v written about 3 poems in my entire life. (they're all very dumb though) i just wrote one i while ago and i read it and was like "i wrote that??? it looks like a 5yr old wrote it"

Mel said...

*ahem* I'm with you there, Miriam. I can not write poems either. They're retarted!

Heidi said...

well that's ok!

i can't snowboard melissa, orplay piano anything like you mirs!

besides, i can only write poetry when i'm inspired.

mirs, do you think i should post that gross poem i wrote waaaaay back? it's so funny, but i don't know if i should, cuz like i said... yeah.

i could just write it on here, then not everyone would look at it!

just so you know i'm not that good of a poet either!

:-)