Tuesday, January 10, 2006

So ends an awesome day...

WOW!! snow valley was amazing! i don't really know where to start...
i guess i'll start at the beginning! um, i woke up! yay! and then we drove an hour to SNOW VALLEY and i went and got my boots and blades, then did the stripe test, which thankfully i got on my first run... then i skiied skiied skiied skiied! it was so great to see you guys all again... there were so many people there! my favorite parts were: goofing around and talking on the lifts, watching all you snowboarders, :-), jumping for the first time in my life and actually making some of the jumps, and going down half pipe for the first time! and of course all those cool wipeouts... :-)
oh, and i really must aplogize for my fudge people, i did try it kinda before i left but i had no idea it tasted that bad! i'll try and make it up to you sometime! :-) if you dare.... hehe i feel kinda bad about that.
also all you people i kinda neglected... miriam and deanna... i love you!
what an amazing day! i look forward to seeing everybody else's posts on it, hopefully some of you guys took pictures, i don't have a camera. :-( i also hope i'm not in any of them... lol way to go everybody!
ONLY 8 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS TIL THE NEXT TIME!!

63 comments:

Mel said...

yeah, it was an AWESOME time! I'll post on it soon, like after I've showered. I have a really wet butt right now :P lol

Mel said...

haha! Sounds kinda like me! Although i only really hurt myself once, going down backwards! let's here that 10 page report on them!
:) (i never saw any of yours)

Lizzi said...

oh look on melissa's blog, i'm writing a list of all the stupid things I did =) there were so many i'm having trouble remembering them =D

Heidi said...

care, i would very much enjoy reading a ten page report on wipeouts care, especially yours!

no i didn't get to see any of yours.. actually just one... but i did notice you were very good at it! (snowboarding, not wiping out:-)

wiping out is fun! as long as it's not like melissa's... ooooouuuccchhh!

Mel said...

yeah...man never land on your butt! Although it's kinda hard not to...and i think i'd rather that than on my face! =) (there's always a good side to things, right?:)

i can't wait till march!!!!!!!!!!!

Mel said...

ouwch! That would hurt! yeah, gotta love it when skiers do that...or anyone! :) So are you going to write that 10 page report anytime soon?? ;-)

Mel said...

Oh hey! We're on at the same time! Still there?

Mel said...

lol you're not boring me! I like hearing about other ppl's stories! It's amusing! =) as long as they're not too gruesome...

Mel said...

awww...you're gone i guess...

Mel said...

haha! It was your idea btw!

Mel said...

that second last post doesn't really make sense...;)

Um...i dunno if I'd get bored!

:-)

~Marie~ said...

Heidi, Like your post, and your blog. I'm finally commenting on your blog, because I didn't have your site. But I got a link from Melissa's to Caroline's to yours.

Anyway, you can read all about my thoughts on my blog. I just posted on it.

Heidi said...

hey! thanks for the comments!

nope, i don't think it was that one carolyn, i saw you once on family.

ouch, i feel so sorry for you girl! i'm a non-snowboarder... i hope you weren't annoyed with me! :-) i know what you mean though... some kids are pretty dumb sometimes...

i wiped out a bunch, but they were all cool except once i was jumped, and i like skidded halfway down the hil, and got so much snow down my back i thought i would be a solid icicle by the time i got up the lift again... it was cool though.

i'll go check yours out marie!

Mel said...

haha, that comment totally makes sense now, Care, I think my brain was a little fuzzy...lol ;) It would make for a very amusing post though, don't yah think??

yeah snow up your back really sucks :) especially when it melts and drips!

Heidi said...

i know i think so!

yeah.. it does, but it feels cool at first. what is even worse is snow down your next that makes your coat and scarf into a nice big puddle.. JACOB!!! what a pest...

ONLY 8 WEEKS AND 1 DAY TIL NEXT TIME!

um, i have a feeling this is going to take a while...

Mel said...

I know i know, but 8 weeks is a LONG LONG time! Especially when you're really looking forward to it, as i'm sure we all are!

but hey, if we can go to blue in feb, that would ease it a little bit!

qwerty_k89 said...

Is any one besides Melissa Boarding in march... How bout you Care???

Mel said...

Are you Yvonne??? I didn't get to talk to you guys like at all on Tuesday.

Heidi said...

i guesss i'll answer for her... yep, that's yvonne!

i know, march is too far away... i really hope we do end up going somewhere in between!

miriam said...

it was soooo awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even though i didn't get to ski with you. maby next time.

Mel said...

yea we better...that'd be cool

Heidi said...

yes you should definetly ski with us next time mirs.

next time... too far away...

so what's happening in people's lives between now and then?

miriam said...

going to the cottage with zekvelds!!!!! it going to be soo much fun!!!!!!!!

Mel said...

Hm...not much unless we GO TO BLUE MOUNTAIN!!! Other than that...orientation...doctor appointment (yay) and um...SNOWBOARDING, of course :)

Heidi said...

oh yeah, you are going to have a blast miriam!

can't wait to hear about it...

we should go to blue mountain... only i think the day andrew was talking about is catechism for me... but i could maybe miss it cuz i've done the whole book already and it's insanely easy...

do ya know when your orientation is melissa?

Mel said...

Nope, I don't know when it is! I'm still waiting for the lady to call back :( they are very unorganized.

It's a monday night...Yvonne said there was bible study...but she's thinking about coming.

Mel said...

oh oh oh...and I forgot! I'M GOING TO CALIFORNIA BEFORE MARCH 10!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

hey cool! i think i knew that but i forget things...

yep... same thing... we should go...

Mel said...

yep...i can't wait for California either!

You should go where? To bible study or Blue Mtn?

Janelle said...

Yea, you should have alot of fun!!

I thing she means B.Mtn with out even thinking about it, not a hard desition=)Catechism is really easy unless your sleeping right heidi. thanks for those punches:)

It would be soooo much fun if we could go!!!!

Mel said...

haha that's what I thought!

punches? Janelle, you shouldn't fall asleep during catechism!

*(guilty smile:)*

yep...california is going to be awesome!

Janelle said...

LOL:)

Yea i know, i was not going to but then i relised he was asking me a question and i did not hear it so i had to ask him to repeat it.
Not good :(

Heidi said...

oh you're welcome janelle!

anytime!

:-)

i think you had a pretty good excuse if you were boarding all day!

Janelle said...

Thankyou heidi you are sooo understanding:)

Heidi said...

lol yeah... plus i like to punch you! :-) jkn!

Mel said...

lol you're such a meany heidi ;-)

Janelle said...

Isn't she:)
Sorry heidi=)

Mel said...

haha...she's not replying anymore...

Janelle said...

Maybe we are being to mean, sorry heidi:)
Or she is busy doing school, poor Heidi=)

Mel said...

lol

Heidi said...

man, i don't know what's worse, doing school or listening to you guys!

jkn, i don't mind at all... i was being a pest!

Mel said...

Aww...I'm sorry heidi!
:-)

Janelle said...

Yea, me too. I was not trying to be mean.
We still friends right:)

Heidi said...

of course!

hey, if you don't think i can take that, you've never been to my house!

i started the teasing anyway!

friends...

OH YEAH!!!

Mel said...

haha...it's great teasing people! (IN FUN!!)
:-)

Janelle said...

Isn't it lol:)

Yea, i know Heidi, just bugging you again!!
Yea, i guess you did, but then we turned it around:)

Janelle said...

Hey Heidi you have not been on yet today, what are you doing???

Heidi said...

i have been on! i am on!

heyllo heyllo!

supwith you people?

Janelle said...

Not to much we are going to have a late supper so i will be on for awhile unless i get really bored. Jeff is coming ofer tonight so we will most likly watch a movie:)

Mel said...

See my blog :( lol

Heidi said...

hmmm.. going by your blog i'd say snowboarding school more snowboarding blue mountain, more snowboarding, an did i mention snowboarding? and i think that's it, except oh yeah, snowboarding!

oh, and blogging!

Janelle said...

HA HA HA, very good Heidi, its not to hard to guess is it:)
Not to much here jeff is here and we might go bowling they said they are just going but i have a feeling laina and i will go to:)
HOw about you??? Do you have sledding with the homeschoolers????

Mel said...

OH YEAH HEIDI!

How'd you guess?? ;-)

of course...snowboarding. lol how predictable eh?

Bowling? Oh fun! :)

Heidi said...

um, no, it was supposed to be thursday, but it would've been more like mudding. there was no snow at all. so yeah...blah.

Janelle said...

Yuk, that is to bad:(

Yea, it was alot of fun. I won the second game and yvonne won the frist one. And of couse i had to do somthing stupid, i had just finished eating lunch, we brought it with us and the i went to throw my ball and it slipped out of my hand, i did not hear the last of that one for awhile.

So how was your Great Aunts B/D Heidi????

Heidi said...

cool, sounds like fun. have you ever tried bowling with your left hand? i did, and i got a strike the first time! and that was my second strike ever too! but after that it was mostly gutter balls. it was fun though! we also did backwards, between the legs... everything!

um, it was fine, i talked to a couple people, ate, and played with my special baby cousin, and a couple of the other kids... and looked at a photo album with a little girl who i didn't even know, but who was adorable! it wasn't even my photo album, but she thought every single girl there was my sister, and every single boy was my brother... cute!

Janelle said...

No i have not, maybe i should, i was the only one there who did not get a strike. That would eb cool to try:)

Sounds like you still had a pretty good time even though there were all little kids:)
AWWW, that is soo cute:)

Mel said...

lol I have never tried bowling with my left hand, but I can just imagine the result! (gutter balls:) That's awesome Heidi!

GLad you had a good time! So did I! lol

Anonymous said...

Hey girls!!

I'm here!!! Thanks again Heidi for the address. :)

I love bowling. But only 5 pin. I hate 10 pin. I went a little while ago and got a score of 44. I think that was the worst game I have ever bowled. And then I did 5 pin and got like 130 or something. :) Not to brag at all. :) We should go again. all together. I don't think I have gone with any of you. :(
Bye

Janelle said...

Hi yvonne was really good at getting gutter balls untill she got a stick that is. lol

Wow that is good Albert when i won on Saturday i got 105!
Yea, that would be a pretty big groupe, lots of fun:)

Heidi said...

you weren't talking sarcasticly were you albert? i did send it to you.

yeah, it was fine.

um, i totally stink at bowling. i have gotten two strikes in my life, on the same day, the first time with my right and the first time with my left. but mostly gutter balls. i like doing it though!

you don't like 10 pin albert? i really want to try it...

Anonymous said...

I was being serious, thankyou. Since I lost the address. :)
I really don't like 10 pin, just because I can never find a light ball with big enough holes. :)

Heidi said...

oh, ok! your welcome.

lol!