Monday, February 20, 2006

Gentle Giants



The Whale Shark

Someday I want to swim with one of these...


Worlds biggest fish, but it eats only plankton and small fish!
Isn't it huge???
Some think it was the big fish that swallowed Jonah... interesting...
Anyway, just thought they were cool pics....
Here is the pic of it's man-eating mouth.
ok, here's the not-so-man-eating one.

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow thats cool!!

Janelle said...

That is really cool:) Is it every BIG!!!

Heidi said...

i know eh?

like a kilometre...

huge but not scary.

:-)

i'd so love to swim with on of those!!!

but i said that already.

Janelle said...

That would be cool, tell me when you go and i will join you:)

~Marie~ said...

Yah I think I could handle swimming with them. Do you which ocean they live in??

Anonymous said...

Interesting...

Heidi said...

yeah, we can do that after australia eh?

:-)

i think they move around some... not sure.

yeah, it's fascinating, we have a video about them and it's really amazing. kinda rare i think too.

miriam said...

cool!!!! personaly i don't think i would like to swim with it.

Heidi said...

aw, why not??

i guess it is a little scary cuz it's so huge... if the time actually cvame i'd be pretty scared too, but it would be so awesome, like in the true sense of the word.

if you see a picture of it's mouth though it's not scary at all. it's like a very plankton-eating mouth.

qwerty_k89 said...

awesome Chip that would be cool but kinda scary!!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to, but ya I would be very scared too!!! :)

Heidi said...

but like an awesome kind of scary not a trerified kinda scary if ya know what i mean.

maybe i should post a pic of it's mouth too...

~Marie~ said...

i know what you mean heidi, and yes a pic of it's mouth would be cool!!!!

Heidi said...

ok i'll add it.

Janelle said...

WOW, that is really cool, and big:)

Heidi said...

but it's not scary is it??

no teeth!

Heidi said...

um, you guys this is like freaky, someone just posted on my blog.

and an old yeller post no less... it doesn't make any sense though.

i'm just writing this so i can log in, delete it, and change my password!

Anonymous said...

its big, but i can think of some heads that just might not fit in there...

Anonymous said...

wow, that mouth is enormous!!

~Marie~ said...

huge, gigantic, so big i might rethink swimming with them!!

Heidi said...

aw, c'mon, i posted it to show you guys that it wasn't scary!!

it was only huge because it was eating.

LOL! you are such a pest jessica!

Mel said...

Wow that is cool! I'll go with yah Heidi! Yep,...right after Australia sounds really good!!

Man...I wish my mouth was that big! :-) lol

lol that was good jess! :-)

Heidi said...

ok, sounds like a plan.

lol!


shoudl i post the other one of the smaller mouth or just leave it?

Anonymous said...

go ahead post it. maybe we wont be so scared then.
:D

Heidi said...

okay-dokay...

one nonscary coming right up!

thank you for choosing alright here and enjoy your flight.

Heidi said...

that was weird.

Anonymous said...

you're right, it was ;D

Mel said...

lol yeah...very weird ;-D

Heidi said...

thank you thank you!

*bowing and smiling*

so do you like the latest pic??

Mel said...

Yeah :-) the last one was pretty |<()()|_!

Anonymous said...

ya, that was a lot less scary.
:D

and yes, that was pretty weird. :P

Heidi said...

so do ya wanna swim with it now??

Anonymous said...

if there are no sharks or anything around that will eat me, then sure, I will still just keep my distance so I don't get smacked with its tail. :D

Heidi said...

alright!

anybody else??

just swim on the top albert, by its head, and trust me, you'll be a looooooong way away from it's tail!!

Janelle said...

LOL, albert scrad of his tail:)

Anonymous said...

:P

fine, I'll come.
:D

Mel said...

Oh yeah...count me in!

Heidi said...

janelle, you are so nice!!

but hey, it worked!

Janelle said...

Thankyou heidi:)

i am definently come to:)

James Zegers said...

wow that is a big fish thingy, I would totally go scuba diving with that, hope it doesn't suck me up with it's big mouth

Heidi said...

it doesn't have a big mouth!

well actually it kinda does.. especially if it was supposed to swallow jonah...

but it has no teeth so even if it did you'd have a chance of getting out... like tickle it or something, lol!

James Zegers said...

well that makes me feel a lot better. If it does eat perhaps I'll spend 40 days and night in it belly too, I don't think that it would be that interesting though.

Heidi said...

lol yeah you'd have to bring a good book or something.

:-)

James Zegers said...

no kidding, and a big flashlight so I can see!