Quiet in a closet a little boy hides
his Daddy will beat him
if he cries.
Drink, yelling, pain
to him that means “Dad”
He doesn’t know that his true Father
has this boy’s name on the palm of His hand.
===================
He turns eighteen,
finally free
To get away from the pain and the hurt
but what his father showed,
is all that he knows,
and he turns to the world for support
His best friends use him
break him, then lose him
yet he’s denied, the right to cry
that would show he’s not man
and still he ignores
the love of the Lord
who’s holding out his hand
===================
He’s settled down,
has a high paying job and a family
but even though
his wallet’s full
his heart is still empty.
He will not try
to open his eyes
to the love that the Father holds out
it was not part of his life success plan
to be carved on the palm of God’s hand.
===================
His wife has died,
He doesn’t know his own kids
Only now at the end of his life,
does he see what he’s missed
and as he cries,
God opens his eyes
to see his missing part
Down on his knees
for mercy he pleads
and God gives him a new heart
so he finishes life a different man
with his name on the palm of God’s hand.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
Very sad, but good writing heidi i still have no idea how you do it!!!!!!
well the ending isn't sad....
Yeah,the first part is sad,but the ending is really good.
Ya,know Hiedi you have real talent,and you should use it.Maybe you should try submitting some of them to christian magazines.
Just an idea.
that was a great poem!:)
Awesome!!!
How true....Are you gonna set music to this one too?
WOW!
thanks guys.
nope, this one's just a poem.
well kinda, your mom sent me her song at one point, so that's how a read Isaiah 49, and when I gopt inspired for this one, it just kinda fit in.
so yes and no.
yeah i've thought about that elizabeth, but I wouldn't know which mgazines or anything, so basically if I get an opportunity I'll take it, but I'm not looking really.
Hello Heidi; as the others have said, that's an excellent poem; sad, and happy all at once. Also reminds me of the "remembering God in the days of your youth;" so awesome we've been given that opportunity!
I like that poem. In this day and age with arminianism so strong it is good you make a point to say that it was God who oppened his eyes.
sorry that last one was by Nathan I accidentally clicked enter to fast.
That was an awesome poem heidi,WOW!
Just to let people know,I am going to start calling myself bethie.
wow!!!!!!! use are amazing heidi!!!!!!!
Wow, that was really good Heidi!! Awesome Job! You could probaly publish your own book of poems soon!
That was awsome, it reminds me of a song that John Michael Montgomory sings called The Little Girl wich talks about the same thing .. I like Heidi Keep em comin
WOW HEIDI!!!
I always knew u were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! this just proves it!!!
when are u guys coming down, eh? i miss u alot, u know and we REALLY have to catch up:-)
luv ya
Oh don't worry sis I miss you to.
Post a Comment