Saturday, November 11, 2006

Memorial Day



IN FLANDERS FIELDS the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

9 comments:

Brandy said...

that poem is the BEST! i love it

Janelle said...

very nice Heidi!!

Heidi said...

It's actually the poem in flanders fields But I think we're thinking of the same one. :-)

What do you mean what happened to the blog?

And guys, make sure you look very carefully at the shadow of the guy in the pic cuz that's what makes it cool.

Aaron said...

I think it's a good post and good message, but I think we also need to remember modern day veterans-veterans in the fact that they ARE putting their lives on the line, not just DID... if you get my meaning...

Heidi said...

good point, but after all they do call it remembrance day...

and I think Flanders fields does apply to soldiers nowadays too...

Mel said...

Sure it does!

So you know what happened to your template? That was kind of weird...eh?

Anonymous said...

new post?

Heidi said...

no actually I don't know who and good grief I just finally got this thing working it hasn't been thaat long!

but yes.

Heidi said...

since I posted. ok I guess it has.

no something was wrong with the blog cuz it wasn't working.

it was on the dday wear website. you know from the royal.