Friday, January 05, 2007

Only one more day!

that's right! soon I'll actually be a human instead of some kind of lifesaving fish or something!!

in the last 4 days I have spent 17 hours in the pool, and I feel like a prune.

but I'm honestly having a lot of fun, it's really interesting, and I pretty much like all the people I'm with... the instructor is ok.

but I got my bronze med!! Oh yeah!! Now I have til tomorrow night to finish my Bronze cross and then I'm done!

well that's the update on my life, now I think I'm going to bed.

:-)

44 comments:

Janelle said...

Wow, that is alot of time but hey if is fun, very kewl!!!

thats awesome that u got the med!!!

well hopefully u will not be toooo dead for monday:D

Anonymous said...

WOW! congrats!!!!! sounds tiering!!!!
did you fall asleep in the in-class thing on tuesday? =D lol

hey janelle, looks like we're on at the same time. =D

Mel said...

Congrats Heidi! Man...I can see how you'd look like a prune! Got a picture? ;)

Just kidding.

Tim said...

yeah, congrats!

I ahve to go for my cross sometime soon....

Anonymous said...

Congrats.

I got to like level four when I took swimming lessons in grade school. But i skipped swimming lessons and got my diving licence.

You all should get it, it's a lot of fun.

Heidi said...

Yeah that would be awesome.

I AM OFFICIALLY DONE!!!

And yes I passed all three, which means I got my med, cross, and first aid.

20 hours in the pool, 24 in class.

I'm really glad to be done, but it's kinda sad that I like won't ever see these people again.

Tuesday wasn't bad, but I came close to falling asleep a couple of nights... you can't really though cuz you're always practicing stuff on eachother.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS Heidi, thats a total of 44 hours...but atleast you can save us if we are drowning>!

Mel said...

Yeah, man, now I can go deep sea diving to the great barrier reef without being scared.

:-)

Man I so should have got my diving license with you James...

Anonymous said...

I wish you would've. you would have a blast diving.

I might be going with Scott and Marilyn to Florida so I can go diving on the reef, and see sharks!!

I hore it works out

Anonymous said...

I mean I HOPE it works out..

I'm kinda tired ppls

Anonymous said...

my brothers and i hated swimming lessons b/c they would never pass us they would put us back a grade or keep us int he same one so my mom and dad took us out b/c we could swimmin the length of the pool
lol but i love to swim :)

Mel said...

Yeah, I know, I would...

I can't wait till the cottage this year man! You hafta come up with us! And then we can go snorkeling. For GTs ;-P

Anonymous said...

Oh Melissa, I might go diving and get the GT.
then we can fix it up, and try to pull it behind the boat

Heidi said...

um, so I can get my lifegaurding/instructors stuff and get a job!

Mel said...

Heidi you can teach me to swim. I'll pay ya good. I just know doggie paddle. ;P;P

Yeah James, I AM SO UP FOR THAT!

Gting behind a boat...lol, were you there when we saw our neighbour doing that? I don't think you were...but that was funny!

Janelle said...

Haha!!!!

hey heidi u really should haev been there today it was amazing and there were 5 hills opened!!

Heidi said...

yeah, but I had a good day so I don't really mind.

I'd rather go on the 23rd anyway I think.

Who was all there today?

Janelle said...

well thats good!!

yea i hope i can go to but....

Umm....Egberts, DeVissors, Jon {san't spell the last name} aaron, and i think that was it!!

Mel said...

Schouwstras? ;-P

Tim said...

lol....and its DeVissErs ;)

Mel said...

lol

Janelle said...

yea tahts it mel:D i have troube with that one!!

oops, taht was a bad mestake did know that!!! sorry tim:P

Janelle said...

*that

Anonymous said...

Wow Janelle your spelling never fails to amaze me!!

Hope that you guys/girls had a ton of fun.

Heidi said...

Janelle are you going on the 23rd???

If you are can I stay over from church then instead of March 19th... and go with you til Catechism?

Otherwise I don't think I can get a ride.

Janelle said...

yea i know eh i like to keep ppl on there toes and guessing! at lest it is a good excuse!!

and heidi, didn't mel tell u the 23ed doesn't work for snow valley it is now on teh 22ed which is a Monday and i think i am going so yea if i am u can come! i should make sure i am going but hey u can count on that!!

Anonymous said...

I will try to make it on the 22nd. I've been doing a lot of planning...
and my plan is as follows LOL

1. Stay home from Mississagua for the Monday, and find a ride up.

2. Have an awesome time

3. Get a ride home with Melissa's cousins to their house where we will be working.



Awesome plan eh, I had to think soooooo hard!!

Heidi said...

Yeah Janelle, I was talking about the 22nd I just got the dates mixed up. :-)
Can't wait!!!

Just curious are any of you guys taking the lesson for snowboarding?

Mel said...

I think James was maybe thinking about it. We might be going boarding tomorrow night and he said something about if he didn't go, he might have to do the lesson or something.

Are you looking for someone to do it with you?

Tim said...

yeah, I was thinking about doing it...

Mel said...

I was thinking of maybe taking the lesson on Monday just for the heck of it, and ride switch foot...but I promised Beth I'd take it with her in February and I don't feel like doing it twice so...

AAnd I don't wanna start the day out with a really sore butt. :-P

Janelle said...

yea....i don't know...i might to!!

yea and i think Justin is to cuz he wants to learn!

lol:D

Mel said...

Andrew what are you even talking about?

So are you all psyched about Monday?

CAUSE I AM!

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes!!

And I just found out I might even be able to go to Blue too so I'm rpetty excited.

Yeah I was just trying to decide whther to blade or board but if there's that many people who might take the lesson then I'll board.

Yeah I was tired... not while it was happening but the week after.

And welcome back to the blogging world Andrew! Stick around eh? :-)

Heidi

Mel said...

James and Justin are like for sure taking the lesson, and Marie too, if she decides to board...

Schweet, do you know how you're getting to Blue Heidi?

And yeah, stick around Andrew, we miss you on the blogs!

Heidi said...

Cool.

Um, I have to go with someone from our church, else I can't go. That's the catch. :-)

Just cuz for some reason they don't want me to be the only one from our group.

So we'll see how it works!

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mel said...

What? Why, we're not cool enough for you or something? (Just kidding)

Janelle is probably going, does she count? :-D

Janelle said...

lol:D

probable were in the same boat for rides!! if i can get my Dad to go heidi maybe u can come with us!!

Mel said...

Janelle your dad fits right in with all us 'young' people! Tell him he's gotta come! :-)

Else take transit! :-)

Heidi said...

Yes Janelle you definetly count!

And if you go can I please come over? (again :-)

Only thing is I have to be back for Catechism.

3 days!!!!!!

Janelle said...

hahahaha. i'll have to tell him that one:P


aww thanx heidi i was worried!!


yea sure if he decides to go and i think we will be back for that to! but we'll c!!

i'm still begging!

Heidi said...

Ok keep up the good work.

Hope it works!!!!

Heidi said...

Um, a whole lot!

Um, you learn all about like 60 million different emergency situations and how to treat them, and you practice them over and over on eachother in land or in water, you learn three different cprs and practice them over and over and over... you learn 3 different spinal rolls and practice them over and over and over in deep and shallow water, then you learn some more and practice them on land...

and you do lots of swimming...

and lots of other stuff...

and you practice it all over and over and over!

hehe... I'll stop now.