Their life is bright
their newlywed.
They're holding hands,
not looking ahead.
Some guy's been drinking,
he's on his way home,
and one minute later,
She's all alone.
An ordinary minute,
of an ordinary day.
An ordinary minivan,
that took his life away.
And if she could do it over,
She'd do it just the same,
and cherish every minute
because a minute changed
her life.
Living with the grief,
he can't drink away the pain.
Every time he closed his eyes,
he lived it all again.
He's running from a shadow,
of the man he'll never be.
He finally makes a choice,
it's the only way he sees.
and in an ordinary minute,
of an ordinary day,
with no one there to give him hope,
he took his life away.
And if he could do it over,
it would not turn out this way...
So cherish every minute,
because the minutes change
your life.
Where are your minutes going?
This is a question I have to ask myself, I'm afraid I spend more minutes staring at the wall then I do actually doing something really worthwhile.
I think we underestimate the power of a moment.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Wow, that's awesomely profound...
Great message, needs a tune :)
That is a message that I needed, thanks for posting that. Minutes...are taken for granted. Life is taken too easily. Someone close to me just died early this week, and it makes you realize how in a moment, life can change.
Awesome poem!
Amazing poem! It really made me think about how fast our life flies by, but how every minute and second is in God's hands.
(Wish poems came to me that easily :))
Wow that was amazing heidi!!!!
U can soo write!
Totaly agree that moments r taken for granted!
It is really good Heidi... Even if that line IS ahead, not dead... Sorry for being such a pessimist. I always knew you were a good poet who would never do such a scandalous thing and I'm rambling on and on and on and
Great message, and beautifully put! It reminded me of Psalm 90.
" So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom...And let the beaty of the LORD be upon us, and establish the work of our hands for us, yes, establish the work of our hands."
v.12&17
I love that song, poem whatever it is...
It definitely needs music...
Mark... you could be nice and c-o-l-l-a-b-o-r-a-t-e with your smart sister...
Nice? *aherm...*
just kidding Mark your songwiritng skills are superb.
All the same though I think it's quite alright as a poem... I didn't really write it as a song anyway...
but if anyone has any brilliant ideas I'd be glad to hear them.
Post a Comment