Monday, January 21, 2008

To all my devoted fans... smrk

Hello everybody. Just so you know you are still allowed to read and comment on this post despite it's title. :-) I am sort of curious if anyone ever reads this blog, seeing as I haven't been the most faithful in keeping it up. You see, I have this problem of doing amazingly exciting things so often I don't have enough time to post on them! Which I consider quite a pleasant problem really.

I have been snowboarding 3 times so far this year... emphasis on so far. :-) (I am going again tomorrow, and then next week to Mt. Tremblant!!!)
They were all great days, though some had *herm* better conditions than others. I must say I have never been snowboarding completely soaked through on hills so icy and bumpy that it felt like my brain was rattling around in my head... :-) But I thoroughly enjoyed that day, and all the others... January 21st was one of the best snowboarding days ever. I missed going with the whole group of us like last year... but the people I went with are awesome and we had a great time.

But anyway, this past weekend I had a sweet 16th birthday party with Ashley and Janelle. I think it was probably the best turnout I've ever had to a get together. It was a great night... I had so much fun. The next day was amazing too... we went to the Vrooms and played capture th flag, told "stories" by the campfire and hung out and sang inside. By the way, I love singing!!!!!
I think it is the greatest thing that I have friends who don't think it's stupid to sing and that we can stand together and sing our hearts out in praise. Those are the times when you can feel God so close... right with you in the room... and know He is pleased.

I know I don't say it often enough, but I really appreciate my family and friends in a huge way. You've probably all heard me say it but going on a mission's trip is the best way in the world to learn what an incredibly awesome and DIFFERENT life we have. It's so easy to complain... until you have a tiny glimpse of the reality of what so many people live with, even here in North America.

Have you ever really wondered why we were put in the family and country we are? Why God has given us this amazing childhood and growing up surrounded by freedom and family and friends who love and desire to serve Him?

I think He is going to do something amazing with us.

6 comments:

~Joanna~ said...

FINNALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~lol~lol~
thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

That's all you have to say?

Your Welcome.

Mel said...

Awesome post! Yeah, January 21 was a lot of fun eh? Wait...I was there that day, right? lol

Mt. Tremblant...wow girl, you are so lucky, I'm jealous! :-) I hope you have an incredibly awesome time though, and since I can't go, can you do me the honor of describing every detail? :-)

Janelle said...

Wow finally took long enough and just so u no i look at this everytime i'm look at mine!!!

Yea the parties were a blast and u r sooo lucky u get to go to Mt Tremblant....... and since I can't go u have to have fun for me too:D

Yea we totaly take things for granted here we have it sooooo good...

miriam said...

great post! yea, i look at your blog....... you probably post about as often as i do........ so i have nothing to say........ :)

ya, the only time i went snowboarding was the time it rained......... it was alot of fun though. :)

yes, i think i pretty much have the most awesome friends ever! we are soooooo blessed!
i really, really want to go on a missions trip some day.......

Heidi said...

haha Melissa you weren't there that day. :-) You were there on the 17th and that day was pretty awesome too but not quite as good.

I'm so happy people still look at this!!!

Yeah I know I am super excited. I will try to remember as many details as possible but don't get your hopes up! :-)