Sometimes I wonder
If Babies ever feel this way
to think in another language
and have no translator.
the outpouring of their souls
small gurgly noises
in the ear of their listener.
Or do they even know
what it is they are trying to say?
Is it simply a feeling
they are doing their best to communicate?
100 stories and questions
mashed together
into that state of being
to which Webster lends no insight?
Or are they quite content
with their lot in life
resting in the assurance
of their providers
and perhaps laughing at us
from behind their tiny eyes
saying
I have 100 stories to tell you
my friend
I just don't know them all
yet.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Cool! Love it Heidi! One thing you'll never hear me say about one of your poems is anything bad. Wow, you have such great talent! Its truly amazing.
I don't think I could write a poem to save my life.
yeah right.
well
what if I write something terrible?
You must be honest you know.
:-P
But thank you very much.
Do you see how it's an allegory?
I wasn't sure if people would get that.
The day you truly write something terrible is the day I'll tell you so. But so far its looking like that day will never come!
Yes, I can see how its an allegory, its really cool :-)
unstarve unstarve, you amazing blog!!
lol
Haha. Thanks Brittany.
Billions of words in hundreds of languages, and yet we find ourselves speechless...
It's a good allegory... iLike...
wow, amazing :)
Really nice!
Post a Comment