Tuesday, November 18, 2008

sanctification

why this burning?
flames and gold
so hot
it scalds my soul
purifying.
why this beating?
like threshing of harvest
leaving chaff
and tiny seeds.
sometimes I feel like
something is dying
only because
it is.
one day at a time
leaving in it's sordid wake
a little more room
for life.

7 comments:

Brittany Bakker said...

Beautifully written Heidi!
It shows us how everything God does in our life that hurts like burning fire, or thrashing of grain is to purify us and to make more room for the true and good life God has given.
God is good :-)

Eph6vs10 said...

"I feel like something is dying, only because it is."

Wow! Never quite thought about it like that before... SO true!

How do you write so meaningful like that?

Brittany Bakker said...

We should try to work on something together sometime... (if thats possible.. lol)

Heidi said...

Yeah that would be fun.

I had never collaborated writing before though. I don't know if I could do it.

Brittany Bakker said...

we could try collaborating short stories perhaps? I know from talking to you that you're full of great idea's :-)
I need some fresh idea's.. seem's I work best when there are deadlines and guidelines! (even the vague guidelines I had from that contest..)

Heidi said...

oohh if I was in the right mood that could be SO much fun.

sometime we'll have to have a sleepover or something and write a story. lol

Brittany Bakker said...

That'd be really cool :-)