Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008

a moment ago
the present
now blending in
with miles of history
some days
leaving tiny dots
on it's great expanse
the majority
weaving themselves in
to the blur of nothingness
that shapes our souls.
the lessons learned
the tears shed
the laughter, the pain
the mistakes, the forgiveness
in the ordinary moments
saved for no ones scrapbook
yet firmly embedded into our identity
and carefully carried
by the One
who counts our days
holds our lives
and gives us 525600 times a year
the gift
of another moment.

4 comments:

Brittany Bakker said...

I love it!
"The ordinary moments, saved for no ones scrapbook, yet firmly embedded into our identity"
Its true..
So much has happened in this past year that has changed us all.
God is good.

Anonymous said...

I like it!!

Brittany Bakker said...

Remember when you read my first pitiful attempt at poetry on my blog, Heidi? I remember you saying that you'd post your first attempt sometime... lol, I'm still looking forward to it.

Melany said...

I love the entire ending!!

in the ordinary moments
saved for no ones scrapbook
yet firmly embedded into our identity
and carefully carried
by the One
who counts our days
holds our lives
and gives us 525600 times a year
the gift
of another moment

May we use each of those moments for HIS glory!