Friday, March 06, 2009

.....................

So I haven't posted in a while, mostly because my life has been so fast paced I haven't really sat down and written anything. But just to retain any blog followers I might actually still have, here is some random musings I read in my notebook from a while back.


*When did this get "normal"?
When did amazing grace
become so commonplace
when did salvation become ordinary life?*

Living my everyday
that passion striving to jump out of my mouth
strapped in tight
with the chains of complacency.
The joy trying desperately
to shine through my eyes
covered by the mask
of "stress"

Have we forgotten that we are a people Redeemed?
Standing before our Maker
Washed clean in His blood!

The flame that burned inside our souls
now quenched
with the water of "self sufficiency"
because if it burned any hotter
we might get uncomfortable
we might have to move
to change this world
we'd rather slowly blend into.

How can we live like we have nothing to prove?
When life itself is crying to be heard.

4 comments:

Brittany Bakker said...

because if it burned any hotter
we might get uncomfortable

Amazing stuff Heidi, you have a rare talent!
So true.. there are so many "luke warm" Christians..

Eph6vs10 said...

"The joy trying desperately
to shine through my eyes
covered by the mask
of "stress""

I stand convicted...

Makes my attempts @ any semblance of poetry seem futile... :p

Melany said...

I'm still following ~ and I hope you will continue writing! :)

A couple of thoughts:

Ordinary life* : Is that where you got the previous title for your blog?

This poem reminds me of a Bible prayer: Ps. 51:12 (ESV) "Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit." May the Lord restore both our zeal to live out our salvation with JOY and FERVOR! Because that is the kind of testimony that turns the world upside down! (Acts 17:6)

Heidi said...

Hmm... yes and no. It's in a song by Starfield I think... but in kind of a different context. The context of this post is the context I named the blog in, although I hadn't written the post. Does that make any sense? lol

Amen to that verse.