Friday, May 15, 2009

To be Broken

Can life be too amazing?
We know we've got it good
Tickets to heaven
burning a hole in my pocket
Don't say when this train is leaving.
Sunny beaches sunny days
He says He's living water.
My hearts cry
Deafening in the moment
then an echo
bouncing off one thing after another
Until I don't know where it's coming from.
Living in this kingdom
can we be princesses and servants too?
When money's short
and time is past already.
She passed already.
Treasures in heaven
for children of the King.
We're children of the King.

8 comments:

Brittany Bakker said...

This is really good!
And if its what you meant on your fb status, its definitely NOT blabbering!

"Tickets to heaven
burning a whole in my pocket"
love the analogy :-)

But I find that its true... I remember reading or hearing somewhere that the churches are always more full when they're persecuted. But once its allowed some of the people grow too relaxed in the state and end up leaving the church..

The rest of it is abstract (aka, too intelligent for me) And I kinda get what its saying.

But yeah, its all awesome. I truly am jealous of your writing skills :-)

Heidi said...

yeah I figured that. it all kinda illustrates the same concept though.
you just have to read it a couple lines at a time and really think about it and then maaaayyybbee you might get it. it is weird though.

Eph6vs10 said...

"can we be princesses and servants too?"

Yes:
a) All girls are princesses
b) All Christians are servants

But you already knew that :)

It is a little abstract, but there's nothing wrong with that. It gives ppl something to chew on, and once you do figure it out-it's more rewarding.

I think your brother's wise words(don't tell him I said that ;) ) could be applied to poetry to: "Music is at it's purest in the dark, alone, unrecorded, straight from the heart."

Sometimes language isn't big enough to express the feelings we have. And that makes sense, because feelings are God-made and language is man-made.

Heidi said...

Yeah I did know that. :-) But I was saying more from the perspective of being the Kings Children.

Crazy how we are children of the King and yet called to wash each others feet

Sometimes I feel a little too much like a princess and not quite enough like a servant.

Brittany Bakker said...

"could be applied to poetry to: "Music is at it's purest in the dark, alone, unrecorded, straight from the heart.""

That is true..

:D

Brittany Bakker said...

lets face it, I don't think I'd ever be able to write as well as that. Take a look at my failed attempt at being abstract :P

(I guess I'm not intelligent enough ;-)

Eph6vs10 said...

Yeah! It is kind of hard to think of.

And yet, look at Christ who is the Firstborn(while we are adopted), and yet He washed His disciples feet. I think that says something about how true royalty is found in humility.

Heidi said...

yeah.

so lets get off our royal behinds.

lol