Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's in the moments

Stillness triggers
chords
in a song that I've forgotten
or maybe only heard
before my birth
calling me back again
In the moments
a long drive home
pretending to be asleep
so my Daddy can
carry me in
safer than anything
trying not to smile
It's in the moments
conversations in the quiet
kindred spirits
no spoken word
when the sun slips over the horizon
the world is bathed
in golden promises
I notice it for the first time
again
and the English language fails
It's in the moments
when the music of Gods children
stands on tiptoes
to peek through golden gates
It's in the moments
Heaven is alive.

3 comments:

Eph6vs10 said...

:)

"stillness triggers chords" Love it!

Language does fail, but sometimes not utterly... Of such is this :)

Thank you for the "peak"!

Heidi said...

oops. my bad. I'll fix that.

thanks. :-P

Lizzi said...

Coooooool =) I'm glad you still do update this now and then!