Tuesday, January 26, 2010

testimony

In the beginning
He spoke.
Poured out the entirety of His love
on a single planet.
It is good.
He will be Faithful.

2010 years ago
He came.
Poured the entirety of His Love
into a helpless Baby
Peace on Earth
Our God is Faithful.

Eternity condensed
He hung.
Poured out the entirety of His love
on sinners souls
It is finished
He is Faithful.

Eighteen years ago today
He breathed
Poured out the entirety of His love
to create one more praise giver
said I know you,
I am faithful.

Eighteen years since
He blessed
Poured out the entirety of His love
on this child
and until eternity is completed
until the entirety of His love
is reached
Until His children grow weary
of singing His praise
He will be faithful.

7 comments:

Eph6vs10 said...

Wow! Greater love has no one than this...

Happy Birthday, Heidi. Very appropriate post. Beautiful. Summarizes a lot of the VERY thing our lives depend on, which we so often forget.

Brittany Bakker said...

This is really good! I love your style of writing Heidi!!

God bless you with many more years of praise to come, and I hope he gave you a blessed day with friends and family :)

<3 :D

Lizzi said...

Beautiful my sister.
Just like you =)

Tim Vogel said...

Wow!! That is so well written Heidi!! Thanks for sharing..
I love the last part... He indeed will be faithful to the end!

Marguerite said...

I finally found your blog!
This poem brings tears to my eyes, Heidi.
Yes, God is so faithful! And I'm so thankful He's promised His everlasting faithfulness to you too! and that you've publically professed your faith in response.
Press on, dear sister and neice of mine :)
Love you, Aunt Marguerite

Lizzi said...

I think you need to update, my darling sister =)

Mom said...

I just love it!