Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A beautiful picture of regeneration by William Tidd Matson

Lord, I was blind! I could not see
In Thy marred visage any grace;
But now the beauty of Thy face
In radiant vision dawns on me.

Lord, I was deaf! I could not hear
The thrilling music of Thy voice;
But now I hear Thee and rejoice,
And all Thine uttered words are dear.

Lord, I was dumb! I could not speak
The grace and glory of Thy Name;
But now, as touched with living flame,
My lips Thine eager praises wake.
Lord, I was dead! I could not stir
my lifeless soul to come to Thee;
But now, since though has quickened me,
I rise from sin's dark sepulchre.

Lord Thou hast made the blind to see,
The deaf to hear, the dumb to speak,
The dead to live; and lo, I break
the chains of my captivity!

1 comment:

Lizzi said...

I love this. Especially

Lord, I was dead! I could not stir
my lifeless soul to come to Thee;

and the last verse.