Saturday, December 04, 2010

Tell me something

tell me
what's your story?
what motivated you
to wake up this morning
with the rest of us
and what is it
that compels your feet
to take another step?

when you cry
who is your Comforter?
when you laugh
what is your secret joy?
that glimmer in your eye
where did it come from?

when the sun shone
in your life
What did it illuminate?
that made you catch your breath
bow your knees
and whisper

where was that moment
that made your heart dance
the way it does
and what Divine Instrument
put that song on your lips?

tell me
who are you my friend?
I used to think I knew you
but now I want to know
Who hides inside your smile?

4 comments:

Melany said...

I like the last line... Who hides inside your smile?

Eph6vs10 said...

Hmm... Getting to know a person every time you meet...

This is beautiful, Heidi. It makes me wonder if you've been reading George Muller.

Heidi said...

No I haven't! Should I? I could add it to my list... :-)

This kind of just came out of nowhere actually... too much studying. :-)

Mom said...

What is it that makes me catch my breath....?
Often it is these poems you write!