Desert heat
Carnival of confusion
Voices, Thoughts, Emotions
Can’t get away.
It only takes a minute
Familiar and sickeningly sweet.
Numbing, Soothing, Distracting
Peace in the dark.
Silky smooth fingers
Slowly wrap themselves around me
Caressing, Squeezing, Tightening
My palace is my prison.
So Easy
So Deadly.
Desperation
Movement
Running, Stumbling, Crawling
I Need You
I Need You
I Need You
On the horizon
Mirage or reality?
A Kings Banquet
Cool Water.
Run faster
Stumble again.
I can’t do this.
Lord Have Mercy.
“I will never leave you.
Never forsake you.”
Not just waiting at the head table
He is beside me.
I Am Not Alone.
Pouring the wine
Preparing the feast.
Pouring His blood.
“It Is Finished.”
The battle is on
The Enemy is ready
The victory is won
Hope is on our side.
This was written as a response to "Crossroads - a step by step guide away from addiction" by Ed Welch.
Wednesday, April 06, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hope -- not an uncertain wish, but a sure promise from God :)
when we take our eyes off Christ it is SO easy to become addicted to things of this world, regardless of our "good" (using quotations b/c there is none good, no not one!) intentions.
but thanks be to God for never leaving, nor forsaking, and in fact, for giving us the ability & strength to press on toward the goal of perfection in Christ! :)
WOW!!!
Post a Comment