"You shall love the Lord your God
with all your heart
with all your soul
with all your strength
and you shall love your neighbor
as yourself."
Were these few words the sum of revelation the single expression of God's law,
they would consign every breathing being to a well deserved damnation.
You shall love
For the soul that has witnessed and fractionally understood the depth of cross-love it takes no more than these three words
to send us crashing to our knees.
You shall love
A craftsmanship of Spirit-work; a sword that pierces through every veiled visage of goodness
we are pained by it's glistening accuracy.
You shall love
"Love, Lord?" Our weak hearts cry
There is not room. There is not strength
"Lord, but ask for something else. Anything else. Labor, wealth, devotion, penance...
I cannot love. I know not how."
Oh Lord
Oh Lord have mercy
"Love,
yes love, child."
Not because it is in you
But because I am in you
Not because you know
but because you trust.
Not because you can
Because He is.
Monday, October 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
*like* =)
Post a Comment