Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Horse

Here's another poem I wrote that's not very good, but I love horses, and these pics seemed to go with it, so here goes!
Have you seen the handsome stallion? alert and smart and wise,
and if you look at him quite close, there’s fire in his eyes!
And you must meet his lovely mate, the sweet and steadfast mare,
so kind, so gentle, and so good, so full of mother love and care,

They make quite a pretty couple, these horses, her and he,

and when you put them both together, the one plus one makes three.


Who made these awesome horses? our God who is on high,

and if He cares for every creature,Won’t He care for you and I?






12 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a really good poem! and it's cool w/ all the pics!

Anonymous said...

Cute poem, Heidi! & I loved your illustrations! :)
I've always liked these verses
from Job --
the Lord's description of these amazing creatures of His:
"Have you given the horse strength?
Have you clothed his neck with thunder?
Can you frighten him like a locust?
His majestic snorting strikes .
He paws in the valley,
and rejoices in his strength..."
Job 39:19-20

Sharon said...

By the way, I didn't make that comment at 4:36a.m. as it says! It's 7:30 am! (and the kids are all still sleeping!) Better change your clock.... :)
P.S. I noticed that I forgot a word in v. 20 -- "terror." Too bad you can't edit posts!

Heidi said...

Thanks for your comment everyone!

Care-- I know, I just had to stick them together! I have way too many horse pics on this blog...

Aunt Sharon--

Yeah, those verses from Job are some of my favorites, and actually inspired the peom.

How do you change the clock?

I've tried a couple times and it still says I posted at like 4 in the morning... right!

looking forward to seeing you tonight....

Brandy said...

tres bien!!! muy bonita!! bee-yoo-tee-ful.....i love horses too, and this was an inspiring poem! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Don't you luv Sarah's comment? She's kinda crazy...but what am I saying? We all know that already!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ya that is so true, but I think that crazy is too nice. :)

Heidi said...

thanks Brandy!

what did you do Sarah, hit the keyboard?

glad you like it so much! (sarcastically)

hey, we all got 2 b crazy once in a while, it makes life worth living!

Heidi said...

lol that is funny!

guys...

my apologies sarah!

hey, it was a comment, and that's all that really matters right?

Mel said...

I like it...with all the pictures 2. Pretty cool...:)

Anonymous said...

EEK I LOVE HORSES!!

Heidi said...

me too, without the eek.

who are you??

:-) :-)