Sunday, April 02, 2006

ok here is a poem THAT I DID NOT WRITE. (i wish) It is a song that i heard a very long time ago so i will try to remember it.

I felt sometimes i didn't have
a story I could share,
I wasn't rescued from a past,
destroyed by dark despair,
but with Jesus I have memories,
of the times that we've been through,
and I wouldn't trade on moment,
of growing up with You.

I came to love You early
came to know You young,
You touched my heart dear Jesus,
when my life had just begun,
I gave you my tomorrows,
and a childish heart of sin,
and You've saved me from a lifetime,
of what I might have been.

I remember how You touched me,
but I can't explain it all,
how a choice that's so important,
could be made by one so small
I'd just bring to You my questions,
and what You've said to do I've done,
and I think You for the blessings,
and coming to You young!

I came to love You early,
came to know You young,
You touched my heart, dear Jesus,
When my life had just begun,
I gave You my tomorrows,
and a childish heart of sin,
and You've saved me from a lifetime,
of what I might have been.

Yes You saved me from a lifetime,
of what I might have been.

I just think that's an awesome song, and so true!

Heidi <><

32 comments:

Lizzi said...

oh man that brings back great memories... Wisconsin, Melany, Leah-beth, Stevie, Scott, all you guys... sob sob why does family always have to live far away?!

Anonymous said...

that was a nice song/poem

You can write one that good Heidi, the ones you have posted are already amazing. :D

And you made one small mistake in the 3rd verse, second last line, it says thinks instead of thanks. :)

Janelle said...

I knwo what you mean Lizzi and my family lives four hours at the most, that is nothing compared to your family.


That is really true and very nice, and i agree with albert, you could write some thing that good!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

i know.. that's kinda why i like it so much, we got it ona tape from our aunt and uncle who live in wisconsin and it brings back so many memories...

:-)

and yeah right could i write something that good!

oh, yeah, thanks for correcting it albert but i'm not gonna change it cuz it takes too long. :-)

James Zegers said...

ya right Heidi, you could easy write something like that, every poem I've read so for is fantastic! You even write songs as good as your poems, like the one you sang with Chris and Lizzi on that Sunday night I was was down with Jeff and Amanda, I thought it was amazing. You just need a little more confidence in you self!

Janelle said...

wel said:)

btw heidi, is there a reason why i can not get in to the random comment post?????????????
the page does not even scroll down to it?????????

Mel said...

Cool song/poem :-) You could write something even better than that heidi! I know it :-P

Yep...still going on that page :-) There's probably just too many comments, Janelle...

I dunno

Janelle said...

I think she could to!!!

well i don't know why that happeneed but i got in to it now so i'm good!!!!

Anonymous said...

yep, that was well said James.

I think its anonymous Heidi, you can write one that good, or better. :)

Heidi said...

you mean unanimous albert.

LOL

wish i believed ya

and i'll check out the random comments thing

Mel said...

LOL! :-D

Lizzi said...

hey do you know of anyone who wants to put something to music for me? I never put music to the songs i (try to) write, cuz i'm absolutely rotten at that, (or as Hilary Duff says in Raise Your Voice, "My arrangements
sound like some cheesy Saturday morning cartoon or something.")
But anyways there's one song i have i really want set to music... anybody?

oh and james that wasn't me who sang that, heidi & chris & miriam did it. they sort of wrote the music together too.

Anonymous said...

thanks Heidi, thats what i meant, i thought it looked kinda wierd. :D

sorry Lizzi. :)

James Zegers said...

hey Lizzi, Melissa will play the cow bells for you to add some character to the song you made, I could add music to it with my guitar some time. You should post the the song :D

Mel said...

lol you make me laugh...

Sure, I'd love to play the cow bells for you Liz! They're so cool man...

I like how you just volunteer me for everything bro :-)

Heidi said...

well just so you all know liz did sing on that song this time, because it sounded bad without her.

:-)

Lizzi said...

ha ha you could hardly hear me!!! let me tell you it was crazy being the last person to sing, you guys and the guitar are all blaring through the headphones & i could hardly hear myself -- and i couldn't keep them half off, they were too big =) like i said i learned a lot =)

i'm fussy, and i like my song, even though it's not that great... =) i don't want anyone copying it. and i don't want everyone to see it until i have some music... i can e-mail it to whoever wants to try to write some music for it though...

=)

Lizzi said...

so melissa & james shall i send it to you?

James Zegers said...

Yes, you can send it to us if you like, then melissa can add the cow bells to it just to spruce it up!

Heidi said...

oh yeah, you two and chris and miriam should come to our place and then we could do it together.. that would be so awesome man!

we really should start a band or something... :-)

James Zegers said...

yes Heidi we should try to do that sometime it would be sweet to have a band, we have most of the instruments we need (piano ,guitar,flute,violin etc.)
except half of use live in Orono and then you guys live in Nobleton, but we can do it RIGHT GUYS!!

Mel said...

YOU CAN DO IT, WE CAN HELP!

lol

Yeah that would be really awesome! We should all get together sometime and just go nuts! But when and where???

It would be so much fun! I'm for it...

Heidi said...

yep, so am i!

well... chris has his full drivers license now.. so maybe if i bugged him enough he'd drive us all up to your place...

dunno when though.

yeah man, i even have a trumpet!

lol it doesn't work very well though... i need to get it fixed.

Mel said...

Really? Start buggin him then!!!

We could have so much fun...

You should really try to get him to bring you guys!! :-)

Heidi said...

well you gotta invite us for sometime first ya know.

:-)

Janelle said...

lol:)

Anonymous said...

to bad no one has drums, cause that would be awesome, I have always wanted drums, but they are too much money. :D

Mel said...

Yeah Alb you can buy drums and can play for us :-) Spoons can work too...:-)

Okay Heidi...I will talk to James and Amanda and see what works for them k? :-) What would work for you guys??

Heidi said...

ummm... i dunno...

you want chris's email?

he never checks it, lol

i can give you miriams actually.

you guys could also come up with jeff or something.

Mel said...

lol!

Umm...I do have Miriams, but thanks :-)

I was talking with James about it yesterday and we both think it would work out better if we just come up with Jeff sometime. It would just be easier that way...

So now we just have to figure out when! It would be so much fun to get together though!!

Heidi said...

i'm with you on that. i'm gone too much lately anyway.

sounds like so much fun man!

James Zegers said...

I got some chords for the song that Lizzi wrote(change the world) they are G-Em-C-D-D2. so we'll have to play together sometime