Hey! I'm posting again! (I wonder how many of my posts have started out this way...)
OCHEC was awesome this year, I haven't decide which of the past two was the best.. I liked the speakers and speeches better last year but the group and hanging out this year waas amazing.
I would say my favorite part was our official hangout, "the roof" That was so fun... it's amazing how weird people can be when they're in the right mood... :-) I wonder where our "emerald" is now, lol
What was all yours?
Dr. Humphrey Speech was definetly the best, that was sooo awesome man! SO LOUD!! we all plugged our ears the second time and we still jumped, lol
hmmm... what else was there... um, there was the musical presentation friday night, which was ok, the piano playing was amazing, but I didn't care for the singing.
Than we went home, and Miriam and I giggled hysterically the first half of the way home, everything was just so funny... we would tell eachother lame jokes and then just howl at them, while Chris and Liz were just sitting there looking at us like we were from mars... and then slept the rest of the way, and then woke up the next morning perfect zombies... and of course they had to do Joe Boot just then... you (I) cannot concentrate on that guy!!
Oh, and the "art" :-) two huge rusty stars on top of eachother that we were sitting on (on the roof) and the security guys came and told us not to sit on "the art" lol what next.... reminds me of Dr. Phillip's (or was it Snavely...?) description of modern art in new york... :-D "All you need to do is stick a feather in your mouth, then barf on the canvas, and then stand back and say "ooh, it's aht, beee-uuu-tee-ful aht..."
I laughed so hard...
Oh man we did so many interesting things.. but I forget half of them right now...
Oh yeah, btw Andrew, you do know we were totally kidding about the excersise thing eh? I mean you're like so chubby man! :-)
And sliding down the escalator banister...:-) I really wanted to do that but I didn't cuz the adults were all standing at the bottom waiting for us.
And then we went home and crashed. The End.
Monday, May 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

30 comments:
Yep...I so have to agree. Those girls, whatever their name was, can play the piano really well but I'm sorry...I can not stand their singing.:-) No offense to anyone who like them...
It was an awesome time, and I'd have to say the best ochec I've been to yet. The first one I was like just meeting you guys, last year Andrew wasn't there, and this year I knew wayyy more people and it was awesome seeing you all again!
And yes...Bilbo...I forget his name so I just call him that now :)...his session was awesome! And I did not plug my ears either time. :-) I did sorta jump a bit the first time though.
And yess...hangin out on the roof was amazing! What was this exercise thing??
Yeah I know, I think it's great that they're sisters & they sing together, but the piano playing was way better than the singing. They didn't have the greatest diction, so I couldn't hear what they were singing a lot of the time, & they didn't have a very consistent sound - they didn't blend very well.
Oh, and it was Andrew that said the guy looked/sounded like Biblo. I was just like right on. :-)
yeah, he sounded a lot like him...and he looked like him too....short :P
btw everyone, andrew is regretting that he didn't bring that excersise program home ;D
Okay man...I'm so lost. I missed this exercise thing...?¿?
wow, sounds like alot of fun once again!!!!!
yea i wish i could have been there, i say that way to much:(
Yeah, you weren't there when we had the exersise thing happen :-P
Yeah, Dr. Humphreys did sould a lot like bilbo :-)
I know, I really couldn't concentrate on Joe Boot...and we have him as a speaker for our conference this summer...uh oh.
Yeah...Marie and I walked out on him. :-S but it was partly b/c we were wayyy too tired to listen anyways.
We just went and explored the hotel and the roof :-)
So what was this exercise thingy?
Awesome post!! I agree with you totally about this year not being the greatest speakers, but we definately had the best group of people yet. The first year I hardly knew anybody, except maybe Melissa. although sometimes i don't think i know her. lol
about joe boot...i think you have to be in exactly the right frame of mind (which i wasn't) and he wasn't exactly speaking to teens either. my dad has heard him before, and he said he was a lot better. he found him very scattered on the weekend. hopefully he's better at tamarack.
he is alot like bilbo man!
:-) that's funny.
i'll let andrew tell you about the excersise... we were in a weird mood.
ya he did look like bilbo lol
i have no idea what u guys are talkin about lol
sound slike u guys had fun though lol
Yeah, well that's okay albert, none of us missed you anyways :-)
(jk)
Um, the exersise thingy: Yes, we were in a weird mood :-) Chris went into the wrong session, and there were a whole bunch of people doing exersises. Before he could get out they gave him an exersise chart and it had a whold bunch of exersises and stuff on it. So we were looking at it later, and I think I was gone for a second and they put it in my ochec pamphlet (sp?) with a nice not on the top that said something like, "Dearest Andrew, do these exersises, it's for you're own good" lol. And all of them sighed the note :-) I wasn't supposed to find it until I got home, but when I opened the pamphlet it sort of fell open to the place where the Page was, and I found it :-)
Long comment, sorry people :P
Ohhh! Haha...I didn't know Chris actually went in there cause he saw me out in the hall and asked if I knew where a certain session was. He mentioned the exercise thing but I didn't know they gave him an exercise chart! That is hilarious...
hey alb sometimes being homeschooled is fun but sometimes it is not. For the most of it though i loved it and i would do it again any day lol.
so andrew how are u felling after all those exercises? lol
u must be feeling really pumped and strong lol
Oh yes, very :-)
I'm sure he did all of them. :-P
jkn
Yeah pretty much...
he's been faithfully keeping up with the program :D
lol
Ohh...so that explains why he's not on here lately eh? :-P
haha yeah, I guess so :P
actually, I think he's out driving our car :P
lol you think?
Schweet! Lucky! :-P
Have you been doing the exercises tim? :-P
ummm ya, driving my car :D :D
a real workout for my legs and arms :P
Yeah man, 'cause you can like do jumping jacks and push ups and everything in there eh? :-P :-P :-P
Lucky! :-D
lol it's not quite big enough for that :P
I was kidding :-P
:-D
wow man...where is everyone lately??
sorry i am here:)
you r so lucky!!!!!!!
that is the only reason i can't wait to go back to work i get to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!
HEIDI CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!
hello sorry it's been awhile.
i did check it.
MELISSA CHECK YOUR EMAIL
(i replied, lol)
that excersise thing was weird...but funny.
and the pamphlet was actually already in your booklet, you confiscated chris's. :-)
I guess I'll have to post the video sometime lol... That explosion caught me totally off guard-at least you guys had the chance to plug your ears!!!!
I still have to say that Mike Snavely was the best though.... I mean for me he was the most interesting.
One thing for next year-let's please go to some place besides Chedoke C! OK?!
Yeah no kidding man!
I think i've memorized that room...
And that's a very good idea about posting the video.
Man I haven't been on your blog in like a year...
Post a Comment