Wednesday, August 02, 2006

home sweet home

Hey all, I'm home! And very annoyed because I just wrote out a whole post and lost it.

It's been an awesome week and 1/2... and coming home is bittersweet. I miss the lake (especially swimming across, the water was so perfect!) the sunshine and the fellowship, but it's great to talk to you all again and have a computer, not to mention the difference between the cottage piano and our piano is like indescribable. I always got depressed after playing it. lol and I definetly don't miss the bugs!!

For all you picture freaks, I might post some, I haven't decided yet. But Liz probably will so check out her blog.

For now, I'll let you see the poem I wrote while I was there. I actully wrote part of it in a canoe...
Inspiring, yes. Easy, no. Basically, while the wind blew me straight into the trees, I slapped one of the gazillion hoprseflies trying to eat me and promtly dropped my notebook into a big puddle at the bottom of my canoe. (yeah it had a leak, just a little one.)

But anyway I'm talking way too much, so here it is and then I'll go bug someone else.

Can you count the stars?
Countless worlds, that twinkle and dance,
high in the heavens,
yet just beyond our grasp.

And tell me, Who's the Artist,
who at sunset and sunrise,
with a million brilliant colours,
paints the sky?

Who lit the match
that set the sun aflame?
Was it all just chance,
or does He have a name?

Where were we when it happened?
Why are we here now?
Can we pretend to comprehend
somehow?

But even though men change,
our world remains the same,
and while man believes that he decides what's true
the whole creation testifies to You.

17 comments:

Janelle said...

Welcome home heidi!!!!!

i missed a ton!!!!!!

i am glad that u had asuch a good time and even happier that yoru home:)

and that poem was EXCELENT!!!!!!
i cant figure out how u do it!!!

Anonymous said...

The cottage is GREAT isn't it?!
Our family goes every 2 years.Next summer we hope to go with the Boekees!
Btw,I suppose you've heard of the Boekees new baby boy!It's so exciting!

That poem is great,Heidi!

Anonymous said...

welcome home, girl!!!1
sheesh, it sounds like ALOT of fun!!! (u know, the being eaten alive adn everything) yeppers, i know the feeling, u like it when ur staying somewhere, but ur glad to be back home!!

Rebecca said...

What a nice poem!!!!!!!!
I'm going to write that out and keep it,it's beautiful.

Tim said...

welcome back! SOunds like you guys had fun.....yeah, it is a really nice place

Tim said...

...and awesome poem, btw!

Anonymous said...

Are you guys talking about the 'Rock Lake' Cottage?? Cause if you are - I agree it's an awesome place - at least it was like 10 years ago when I was there. I never really stayed there, just went to visit Uncle Marty's family when they were there!

It's good to have you back Heidi! And Awesome Poem!! You could probaly publish a book full of them by now!

~Marie~ said...

Oh and anonymous is me!

qwerty_k89 said...

Sounds like u had fun

cool poem!!!

its good to have you guess back though!!!!!

Mel said...

Yeah let's see some pictures Heidi!

Good poem btw, and I'll get around to emailing you eventually...

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. i feel like i haven't seen for like ever. besides thursday. =D

i LOVE the poem.

Anonymous said...

Nice poem Heidi, I know what you mean about deer flies and all. We had them too when the Vanderveens went up to the cottage. :)

Heidi said...

Thanks guys it's good to be home.

Yep I'm posting pictures soon.

Yeah, though it was more horseflies this year.

I know, I haven't talked to you forever either, besides a couple hours ago, lol

I'm trying to get paint and then you can come over sometime next week and we'll do my room. K?

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun!!!!!

Mel said...

PICTURES?? ;-)

Heidi said...

Yeah I'm working on it! The last couple times I've been on the computer I spent the whole itme working on it.. but that's cuz I was using the wrong thing cuz I didn't know how to use hello yet.

Rachel Joy said...

Hi Heidi! I'm glad you had a nice time at the cottage -- we did too!
As usual, I am amazed at your ability to write meaningful poetry, and am glad that the uninspiring piano, leaky canoe, and gazilion horseflies didn't deter you from your creativity!;)
love Auntie Rachel