Monday, September 04, 2006

only one-(by me)

Sitting on the swing
starry summer night
listening to the wind
and watching cars go by
A million people
a million souls
no possible hope
of ever knowing them all
So what's the point
Why even try
There is no way
I could touch that many lives
But just one, only one
would be enough to leave a legacy.
If just one, only one
could be called back to God
through me
then that one could share
and touch a few more
until The story has spread
from shore to shore
To those million people
in all of those cars
passing by
as I sit on the swing
under the stars

3 comments:

Janelle said...

heidi u r AWESOME at writing those it is almost crazy, that was sooo good:)

you got some talent!!!!

u should write a book of all the ones that u have done so far!!!

Heidi said...

thanks.

well, they're all in my notebook, if that counts, lol

though I don't know if you could actually read that.

Ummm.. I'm going camping and then to fairglen so talk to you guys in about a week!

and have fun with school.... we don't have to start yet mwa ha ha ha

Mel said...

That's really good Heidi...as usual.:)