So I guess it's time for a new post. :-P
I don't really have anything to put on here... so I thought I would share something that I've been thinking about lately.
In one of my devotionals, there is a story about a communist soldier who wrote a letter asking for help in being a Christian. He had heard radio broadcasts and believed in the Jesus they proclaimed.
One of the things he asked was that they would teach him how to pray.
The soldier had never been in a church, but he said that he thought prayer meant, "to be able to speak the whole day so that after everything you say you might be able to add 'Amen'."
Wow. I'm afraid that's a far cry from the things that come out of my mouth every day.
Obviously, not everything we say is a prayer because we are not always talking to God, but I think this challenges us to lift our standards of speech, and prayer, waaay above what they are.
Here is what the devotional said:
Prayer is not natural. In fact, it doesn't come to anyone naturally because it is a supernatural experience. God gives us a spiritual desire to communicate with him. Like mathematics or language, prayer is a learned skill. the more we practice prayer, the more natural it becomes. The young believer in this story defined prayer as affecting every aspect of life and, thus, making one's whole life a prayer to God. How are you growing in your own experience with prayer? Are you out of practice? Starting today, ask God to give you a supernatural desire to speak with him and make prayer a natural part of every day. then start practicing. May your life be a prayer.
Some food for thought anyway.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Soo true!!
really cool... never thought of it like that
nu poste?
-me-
Post a Comment