Hello again!
Just a super-quick update to let you know that our first day at Okreek went amazingly well.
Usually the first day is one of the toughest so we were prepared for the worst but everything went super smooth and we were able to totally reconnect with the kids! There weren't a lot there, but it helped to have lots of 1-on-1 with the ones that were.
To be honest, I was a little worried that my little friends wouldn't remember me, or would pretend not to, since that is what they do a lot, but as soon as I stepped out of the car Brailei was there with a hug and Mallory went running off to hid between the vending machines and make me come find her. :-) So needless to say that was awesome. I only had those two in my small group, plus Katie, my awesome assistant who is seriously one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. Apparently though, my group is supposed to be the biggest by the end! I have like 5-6 year-olds I think. Site 2 with the older kids also had a great day, I think they started with no one there at all, then prayed and ten minutes later 6 kids showed up! So that was good. I think they had a really good day.
Please keep praying for:
Structure (once we have a lot of kids and everything gets a little less "new" it gets a lot harder for things to run smoothly.)
The people who are doing the messages/puppet shows (give them a good message... I know some of them are a bit nervous right now about it.)
Unity on the team!! This one is very important because I think the devil is going to try his best. This is an awesome team, and we get along super well, but when 10 girl are sharing one hotel room and one bathroom... yeah. Especially since everything went so well yesterday, we really can't let our guard down for things like that.
SALVATION FOR OKREEK!!! Please pray especially that we get a chance to witness to the adults there, and just for a bigger vision than these two weeks that we have here now. God can do amazing things.
So I guess that update wasn't quite as "quick" as I thought, lol
I need to go get our hotel room clean... we have a little competition going on... winners get taken out to ice cream, lol. Except Kramer (Andrew Williams) and his room just spent about as much money as the ice cream would cost buying a massive bribe for Monica, our "judge"
:-D She took it, but they didn't win. hehehe
Yes, this is an awesome team. We have a lot of fun.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
cool... I like reading these..
Hey Heidi,
With all the rain do you have to swim to get to the building where you teach? Enjoy.
-Nathan-
Keeping your room clean? Yeah! Good practice. Try it when you come home. ;-) Actually I got through the B&B cleaning today - had to do it in two shifts, and it sure is a lot of work.
Hey! I'm so glad to see that Monica is there too. I think you said once that you weren't sure if she was coming. That's great! She doesn't know me but say Hi to her for me.
(((hugs)))
Mom
Keep at it! Keep working with the kids there.
Sounds really cool what you're doing. Hope you'll be some wittnessing to the adults.
As for the Devil targeting Mrs. Heisler, remember Job, and how he suffered, but God was always in control.
It's also cool how the kids there still remember you from last year. Just goes to show how much of an impression you guys made last year.
Still praying.<><
Post a Comment