Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Amazing Grace

we were all a little bit
impatient.
lineups that stretched
halfway down the aisle.
do they think we have all day
to wait for this?
I heard your voice over the commotion
desperate pleading for help.
we turned around, curious.
you were a lost man.
your white cane
frantically waving it's distress.
we didn't know what to say.
honey I'm here it's ok over here honey
her voice was your lifeline
we scrambled to get out of your way.
you were shaking as you held on to her
it's ok I'm here it's ok it's ok.
she led you away
like a little child.
the lineup was shorter now.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

K....it sounds like a very cool poem but im not sure what its supose to be and i am REALLY bad at figuring it out.....sooo....could u jsut tell me??
I love how you write stuff like this but it has a huger deeper meaning...:\ i just can't figure it out......

Brittany Bakker said...

Its really cool!
I kinda get it, but not fully. I agree with Janelle on how its cool how you write stuff like this but how it has a huge deeper meaning.
:D

Heidi said...

It's actually not that deep, it's something that happened at OCHEC actually. a blind man lost in a packed dollarama. Seriously one of the saddest things I've seen.

Janelle said...

Awww that is really sad!!!

Brittany Bakker said...

aww, thats really sad... :-(

Brittany Bakker said...

I just posted on my blog a true story from a while back that made me think..
Its about an elderly lady that has no hope, reason to live, or love.
Such a bitter woman... its sad really.