I think I forgot how awesome you all are. :-) I can't wait to see you again.
The adventure has gone incredibly smooth. For those of you thinking of visiting us, DO! The drive down was absolutely gorgeous. Lots of rolling hills and great views. Everything went really well, we did have to go in at the border because they have a policy that international visitors/students need to get fingerprints and photos taken, but that didn't take too long at all. It was definitely a beautiful day. We arrived in Philly around 8, and were welcomed with a totally delicious supper by our new landlady, Becky Wilson. She has been very sweet to us and has done an amazing job at making our new home a welcoming place to be. The apartment is small, but it is super cozy and feels a lot bigger than it is. We had fun making it our own and getting our groceries together. :-)
It has definitely been a little overwhelming over all. I think I was just too busy planning and doing all kinds of other things to really realize that we were leaving for such a long time, and when it all sunk in it produced more than a few sniffles. That combined with some sort of allergy, (most likely the cats our landlady keeps) have left me with a red nose and a lot less kleenexes. :-P It will take some getting used to but God has been very very good to us. I can't even say how glad I am to have Miriam with me here!! We will definitely be leaning on each other a good bit during the next few weeks.
School starts tomorrow! Exciting, a little scary since we are a tad under prepared, but we still have tomorrow morning to print stuff off and whatever else we need to do so everything should go well. I shall hopefully post more on that soon.
One great perk of being here, (and potentially danger) is that we live practically across from a second hand store run by a local church! I bought 1o Christian books today, 2 LOTR, 2 sheet music books, and a belt for $19! The great thing is 2 of the books were ones used in the CCEF courses! It should be interesting packing all this up when the time comes, considering we had about 5 square inches of space on the way up here... and we are constantly remembering more things we need, like coffee makers! I can't believe I forgot that single cup. No wonder I am a crybaby. lol Lizzi you are going to have to make a lot of latte's come Christmas time.
Well, I promise to do my utmost to keep in touch with you all, please help me out if you can. :-)
Love you all so much.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh dear! No coffee?! How will you manage? =D I'm sure by the end of the year you will be shipping things home. Praying for you today!
I'm so glad to hear from you. How was school today? I hope the cat allergy is not going to be a problem. See if you can get ahold of some bee pollen to help with that. Love you and miss you! Can't wait to get a phone number.
Love Mom
Awesome to hear about, I hope you'll survive. Miss you sister!
Mark
Nice to see an update ~ keep them coming! :) I trust that God will give you every grace needed, and that you will soon be cured of the sniffles and feeling at home and happy. Love you!
Post a Comment