So things get a little tricky because we like to say I trust You Lord but what we really mean is I trust you that it will turn out ok. I trust that You think my ideas are good too. I trust that even if they aren't You will work it out somehow that will be even better and easier and happier.
And then we are blown out of the water, we and sit there dripping and shivering and questioning because we did not understand that He doesn't promise things will work out the way we hope. He doesn't promise that we will always be happy if we are doing things right. He doesn't even promise that we will live above the poverty line or have decent kids or not lose everyone we love in a house fire.
He does promise Himself.
Trust is no tidy package. It is not a life insurance plan or a magic keyword for instant peace and solutions. It simply means, surrender. Stop holding the reins and start holding the Hand. Stop asking why and start following.
What you know of good will never be the same.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
love it. thanks, Heidi
Me too!
Wow!
Post a Comment