Monday, February 25, 2008

Musings

So basically sometimes I do math. (sometimes.) And sometimes my brain gets so full of random different things that something has to kind of spill out before I can continue whatever I was doing. (like math) And so sometimes I write stuff like this. Sometimes. See what you think. Helpful criticism is also always appreciated. (sometimes) Just so you know.



Sometimes
I wonder why
Things fit so perfectly
Like a puzzle
With one piece missing.
Sometimes I wonder
Will we ever be happy?
.........
Why do you
put up with us
God?
..........
Sometimes I wonder
If a flower knows
What it's here for.
....To look pretty?
Sometimes I wonder
Can this go anywhere
Safe?
And sometimes I wonder
Should it?
and Sometimes
I wonder why
Me anyway?

9 comments:

Aaron said...

Very good... meaningful deep...

It's interesting eh how our "why me's" change from "why did this have to happen", to "of all the people, God chose me-why?".

Gr... now I remember reading something about that and I have to find my Heidelberg or it's gonna bug me...

Michele said...

Heidi,

To live in wonder is to live for something bigger than yourself. As Christians that something bigger is God, and His glory. There shall never cease to be an element of wonder at His workings, for we can not begin to fathom the depths and intricacies thereof. I hope your 'wondering' may move beyond sometimes, and tread the ground of continual wonder at our God's great glory.

"Wonderful are your works, and my soul knows it very well." Psalm 139

Thanks for sharing :)

Heidi said...

Thanks for your comment Michele.

It's kind of hard to explain but that is kind of what I'm trying to say...

How can we just sit and live our perfectly ordered lives instead of shouting from the rooftops what our amazing God has done for us!!

We have so much, but we're never happy, and we are way too content to sit back and live this "safe" Christianity.

Safe is the farthest thing from what a Christians life should be.

Methinks anyway.

Hope that's helps you kind of understand what I'm trying to say, I know the poem wasn't super clear.

Michele said...

Heidi,
Yes, it does make it more clear (and that is one of the things I love about good poetry is that you have to dig deep to get the meaning). I definitely agree with much of what you say. So often we are way too content to settle for a glory that is only a picture of the glory of what our lives should be living for. If we would keep striving after this heavenly glory, than we would not be content to sit comfortably inside our "safe" boundaries. This doesn't mean everyone is going to be a missionary, but often I wonder if we have lost our burden for the unsaved. Now the question is, are we planning (and willing) to do anything about it?

Mel said...

I like!! But how can a puzzle be perfect when there is one piece missing? :-)

Heidi said...

It fits the way a puzzle does. :-)

Thanks Michele, I agree with all of that except one sentence.

I believe that EVERY SINGLE Christian is CALLED to be a missionary.

God didn't tell half of His disciples to go therefore into all the nations and the other half to make sure that they get to church at least once a week.

Know what I mean?

Nobody says that in order to be a missionary you need to move to the other side of the country. Every day is a chance to share Christ's love, even with our own family!

The hard part is actually doing it. :-S

Janelle said...

I haven't understood it yet.... but thats probbaly cuz i always read it when i;m ready to hit the pillow i should try some time when i can actually think!!

Anonymous said...

Heidi could you just give me your definition of what a missionary is?
Just wondering.
-NATE-

Heidi said...

mis·sion·ar·y /ˈmɪʃəˌnɛri/ [mish-uh-ner-ee]

3. A person who is sent on a mission.

Not trying to start an argument but if you want one I'd be glad to give it to you.

lol

Just not on here, talk to me sometime at sports or something.

:-D