Saturday, March 08, 2008

Someone like Jesus

painted on jeans
and a painted on smile
she'll strip off all the layers
but you'll never see her soul
she's looking for love
in all the wrong places
there are so many like her
with their blank pretty faces

because she needs Someone
to see through the lies
straight to the heart
laying broken inside
to take all the pain
and wash it away
Someone to heal her
Someone like Jesus

her empty laugh
is a desperate plea
for someone to come and see right through
the girl she pretends to be
she lives her life
no hopes or dreams
she tries to smile
she'd rather scream

she needs Someone
to see through the lies
straight to the heart
laying broken inside
to take all her pain
and wash it away
Someone to heal her
Someone like Jesus

that was her
she just walked by
the sword you hold can pierce
the darkness in her eyes
you can show her what it means
to finally be free
she's right there
do you dare?
will you be

Someone like Jesus?

10 comments:

Janelle said...

THats is awesome Heidi!!

U told me once u wanted ppl to say what they really thought about them and to tell u any ideas!!

But sorry i don't have any!!

Its perfect i love it!!=)

Mel said...

Heidi...I'm sorry but you are WAY too good at writing stuff. :-D

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice...........................................

Aaron said...

Wow! That is good! Very touching!

Reminds me of that CC song, but better!!!

Heidi said...

What CC song?

Oh you mean "can anybody hear her?"

Wow that's quite a compliment! :-) But I think can anybody hear her is quite far superior. :-)

and thanks everyone. :-)

Mel said...

Yo, you should post on the last Snow Valley of the year!!! That's important stuff, yah know...

Heidi said...

Yeah but after your post I good never to do it justice. :-P

Mel said...

pffffffffffffft WHATEVER! That is just an excuse! A lame one, at that. :-) You shouldn't be so lazy...

:-D

Heidi said...

Oh am I that transparent?

lol

Aaron said...

Hey, I was wondering if you have music to this one yet? I noticed you had a chorus so I assume you meant music for it some time eh?