If
I can hurt another by speaking
faithfully without much prepara-
tion of spirit,
and without hurting myself far
more than I hurt that other,
then i know nothing of Calvary love.
If
I am afraid to speak the truth, lest I
lose affection,
or lest the one concerned should
say, "You do not understand,"
or because I fear to lose my
reputation for kindness;
if I put my own good name before
the other's highest good,
then I know nothing of Calvary love.
If
I am content to heal a hurt slightly,
saying "Peace, peace," where is
no peace;
if I forget the poignant work "Let
love be without dissimulation"
and blunt the edge of truth,
speaking not right things but
smooth things,
then I know nothing of Calvary love.
- Amy Carmichael
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Whew! Thanks for posting this.
Post a Comment