How often have you said it?
"How are you?" (Not because I really care, but I want to start a conversation somehow.)
"How are you?" (Even though I am walking past and I don't really have a chance to hear the answer.)
"How are you?" (But please don't dump on me know. I don't have the energy to hear all your problems.)
How often have you said it?
"Fine thanks." (Because I don't really want you to know the truth - you might be disappointed in me.)
"I'm good thanks." (Until the next temptation comes along and I am drowning in the undertow.)
"I'm ok." (Though an hour ago I was crying on my bed.)
"I'm fine." (Because I don't want you to know my problems - you might be just a little smug.)
"I'm good." (I don't trust you.)
Is this why we are so lonely?
Monday, February 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I don't know what to say besides I really like this and it's really true... How can we change?
Post a Comment